Swimming at Chesham's open air pool
SEE OUR TIMETABLE
NB: SEE HERE FOR ANY TEMPORARY CLOSURES BEFORE SETTING OUT
(Photo taken at Sport Relief event 29 March, 2014)
Swimming equipment for children – eg Zoggs, Speedo is available for purchase at the centre.
We advise all swimmers to shower immediately before and after their swim, both for hygiene and to minimise any effects of discoloration from copper in the water.
Essential pool info
- Summer water temperature is on average 28ºC/82ºF (summer season April–October)
- Winter water temperature is minimum 24ºC/75ºF (winter season November–March)
- The shallow end is 1 metre
- The deep end is 1.8 metres
- To make access easier, we have staircase style steps into the pool
- Latest ionisation technology for cleaner healthier water see Environment
- Please check this website before setting out in the event of temporary closures or amendments to the timetable
- In the event of a thunderstorm, all swimmers will be asked to leave the water immediately. Swimmers can re-enter the pool after the thunder has stopped for 20 minutes, once the signal is given from a member of staff, and subject to timetable
- In the event of lightning, the pool will be closed for 30 minutes, with rules as above for thunder.
We also advise for those hot sunny days that you apply sun lotion in advance of your swim to prevent burning and to also keep our pool a clean and non greasy environment.
Please also see the important notes in Pool Rules and Guidelines
Pool sessions include:
- Adults only
- General swimming
- Early morning swimming
- Therapy & 60+ swimmers
- Aqua Aerobics
- Swimming lessons
- Inflatable sessions
- Tri-Swim (triathlon Swim Training)